Sunday, April 3, 2011

Outdoor Mud Pie Kitchen

A new mud pie kitchen was the perfect project for a drizzly Sunday afternoon. While Aelyn napped and hubby worked on some indoor projects, Layla and I raided the garage and the kitchen for extra and rarely used items. We put together this set-up in the clearing of the little wooded area at the back of our yard. 

Layla immediately started preparations for a delicious feast...









Original inspiration for this project:
2010 Summer edition of one of my favorite sites for inspiration, Rhythm of the Home, featured this mud pie kitchen.
One of my favorite unschooling bloggers, Pepper Paints, created this adorable backyard set-up.
And recently, the creative Bluebirdbaby, created this one with her little one.

Linking up with the Soul of Sunday at Ordinary Life Magic.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's a terrific idea - Maddie would (will) love it. :)

MJ said...

This is awesome!! Back yards are the best, and with a kitchen? Even better!!!

denise said...

What a fun idea! Love that.

Amanda said...

I love this! So creative and fun.

Mamabear said...

man, i wish I had an outdoor mud kitchen when i was a kid!

its okay and great to get dirty! PLAY!!

melinda

oviya said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

mud pie clothing

jenny @ let the children play said...

I love your outdoor kitchen so much I linked to it today on my post on - surprise surprise - outdoor kitchens. If you'd like a look:

http://progressiveearlychildhoodeducation.blogspot.com/2011/05/play-heats-up-in-outdoor-kitchen.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

Beautiful kitchen! And love all the utensils and pots and pans you included! I have to remember to keep my old ones off of garage sales, or to look for old ones AT garage sales just for play! I featured this in dirty, muddy ways to play! -- lovely!

Jennifer Hughes said...

In addition to Monday Kid Corner, this week's theme is MUD. Brush off those archives and link them up at thejennyevolution.com. See you there! Jennifer

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...